Thursday, March 8, 2007

My kind of therapy

Dearest husband has been working night and day to change our old computer (which was not really very old) to a newer super duper version so therefore I could not blog in a while. To be perfectly honest I have not really been inspired so that is a rather bad excuse. The rain is absolutely pouring down and Swedish people are rather content with that. We tend to get tired of long winters but since the snow came January it does seem like a real short one to me. Last year we had snow in end April. I think it is rather depressing and gloomy, I like all the white. I also feel a bit guilty for not skiing more, taking the kids skating more or doing the other snowy things more. Last year I was better at that.

Today I hope to start big bedroom makeover. Well we are already on our way with a new wall being built, wallpapered with old wrapping paper, beautiful old lists made. When we make a room we start with stripping it completely from mdf and such to make it in the old way – not just old style. So after stripping the walls we found the old lists and made new once. They are very plain and beautiful. We also found all kinds off wallpaper but none that we could use. Lots of bright blue flower patterns and not our style. We are going to paint in a bluegrey shade a little darker at the bottom and lighter at the top and then I am going to make flower reeves. At least that is the plan right now. We are so tired off sleeping on mattresses in the kids rooms. It seemed cozy 2 months ago but the charm is gone and it is just a mess. So good luck to us.

Saw a really stupid article in Aftonbladet – a Swedish really stupid evening paper (aren’t they all (so why do I read it)). They asked the readers to send in funny stories under headline “How disgusting is your child” ex has he licked the floor or peed on his brother. Yes off course they have and off course it is not disgusting. Why do they not write “How disgusting is your partner, neighbor or friend” who I am sure has done these things and worse (throwing up on people left and right, hitting people, having sex with the bosses wife)– drunk, and then it is excused. But apparently it is not excused, but disgusting to do these things as a child. How fucked up is that!

Have had therapy for 2 days now that is mending ripped clothes and socks with holes, while watching a good film. This is pure therapy for me, besides my military working pants look much more me with fleece butterflies on them. Clothing has a rather important role I think. If you know your style and wear these clothes it makes you happy gives you confidence. Making your own clothes or changing old second hand once to suit yourself is an even bigger joy. And I watched “Out of Africa” which is a fantastic movie. Beautiful scenery and really good thoughts and brilliant acting. The clothes that Meryl Streep wore I found fantastic. Sur gave me some new ideas.

Got to sign off, it seems it is getting long even without anything to write.

Peace and love

2 comments:

Ulla-Gulla said...

Fantastiska byxor! Varför vara som alla andra när man kan vara sig själv? Tack för inspiritationen!

Sonia P said...

Det är lätt att fixa till lite annorlunda kläder med lite fleece, garn och nål, och kul. Jag tycker kläder är ganska kul och viktigt eftersom man kan göra ett statement med dem. Plus om man har kläder man trivs i och som säger vem man är mår man bra. Detta försöker jag lära mina 3 äldsta barn 11, 12 och 14 år och ibland vågar de. Äldsta pinglan 14 år köpte ett par skotskrutiga tajts igår trots att hon inte är trådsmal men hon var super cool i dem. Peace Sonia