Monday, March 19, 2007

I love my bike wagon

A bit crap that I have not been writing in a long while but I decided from the start that I would not write if I had nothing to write about. Now I have about a million things to write about so I guess I just did not do good writing. Since last time, we have been to a big 40 year birthday party. Half the village was there and besides the fact that some were really drunk, they were not standing up but horizontal, and the fact that one of them called lovely husband “blackhead” a Swedish not so nice expression for immigrant, it was a lot of fun, great dancing and fantastic entertainment. Me and husband are not use to the Swedish way of drinking at parties and then behaving like crazy, excused because they were drunk. But we are really happy that after only 3 years here we have really great friends that do invite us to parties.

Last week we bought a wagon to the bike.
Instead of buying a second car we decided to do good for our environment. Last week it was fab. The kids loved sitting there listening to the swans flying above, smelling the sand on the road and enjoying the sunshine. This week with snow falling down mixed with rain and icy hale it is not all that attractive anymore. Tomorrow I have to bike though because husband has the car and I am going to join our kids to kinder garden listening to a girl in the village who is going to talk about Tanzania. She has recently been there and is going to share singing and dancing. That is going to be great since I am actually born in Tanzania. Only lived there until I was 2 though.

Today oldest daughter and middle son and I took a day off school. We do that every now and then with different kids and then we eat lunch, do a bit of shopping or something else they like. This time seems fantastic for family bonding. And thank god for flexible teachers. They need to get this time also every now and then to feel special and be without the little once.

I long tremendously for spring but since I have not ordered seeds yet I guess I need the kind of winter spring a while longer. This time is just so exiting when the sun starts warming the ground, when you dig and plant and plan your gardening. This year I am really trying to see what works well in Swedish soil. No corn, sunflower and herb experiments but carrots, turnips and traditional stuff. Last year in late summer I found the blog Elins tradgard (Elins garden) and got loads of good ideas.

Some of the other million things I am not going to write about is my progress? in aikido, Sarah falling of a horse, my lovely neighbor who has brain infection for 4 weeks now.

No comments: